Monday 4 January 2010

YOUTUBE VIDEOS FOR BUDDING MAKE-UP ARTISTS

Here are some of my favourite videos that I like to reference back to:
My favourite clip of the behind the scenes action of François's book, 15X15.
I will admit I didn't know anything about the NARS history till a couple of weeks ago. But seriously, FRANCOIS NARS IS A LIVING GENIUS! And what I especially love about him is he still photographs all of his campaigns (it's been 15 years) and his reluctance to appear in the spotlight.
Marc Jacobs at his very best. This man is my idol... enough of Marc. This show got François out of runway retirement and boy did he impress with the 80's madness.
More Francois <3
I always anticipate for MAC's Halloween face charts and 2009 was the first time they made a video recording the transformations.
Pat McGrath is my favourite makeup artist of all time. Why? She's the most in demand make-up guru in the world. Effortlessly creating flawless natural faces at Stella McCartney to Christian Dior's extravagant couture looks. No-one compares. She's in a league of her own.
Another renowned artist and this video again makes me want to pursue a career in make-up artistry.
The lovely Lisa Eldrige who you may recognise from Ten Years Younger, her work for Boots N07 and her spreads in Glamour :)


I'm on a roll! Just more random info for budding make-up artists. I personally don't find finding inspiration that hard but I think that's down to being an art student. Apart from the traditional routes of looking through fashion/editorial magazines for ideas. YouTube is a very useful source as in most cases you can physically see the artists applying the make-up and get a better view of the full finished results.

No comments:

Post a Comment