Friday 18 November 2011

WET N WILD PALETTE SWATCHES AND NOTW

WET N WILD PALETTE- PRIDE
WET N WILD PALETTE- SILENT TREATMENT

I kind of picked these two up by 'accident' as a UK seller on Ebay had a TON of these palettes at £0.99, so I wasn't expecting to win them and didn't go bidding crazy for these as I know they are well overpriced in Ebay world compared to the RRP.
Anyway it turns out I won the two above (for really cheap). This is just my initial reaction.
First of all the swatches are with NO BASES. So pigmentation wise I'm impressed. They blend well AND there's a mix of satin and mattes shades so even better. My favourite part of the eye-shadows is the texture and finish- they remind me of MAC's satin/frost eye-shadows. They are not too creamy and not too frosty which I hate (Sleek's eye-shadows are too frosty for my liking).
The downsides is I've found the matte shades a bit chalky, so remember to tap your brushes or they'll be loads of unsuspecting fall out all over your face. Also so far (worn 4 times all day) I find them to fade a bit. Just a bit. Nothing to stop me wearing them but I've found them to lose their intensity faster than my usual shadows. 
I think if you have easy access to these palettes I would definitely purchase, but I wouldn't go out of your way and buy from Ebay. I think it's only a matter of time before they hit the UK. I think.

NAILS INC- BASIL STREET (FREE IN THIS MONTHS GLAMOUR MAGAZINE)
REVLON TOP COAT- STAR
I LOVE THIS COMBO'. Maybe because I'm so used to wearing murky colours that suddenly wearing nude shades again I feel my nails look so much better in a chic and understated way. I'm kind of into glitter topcoats too atm so I decided to jazz up the beige. 
I usually HATE Nails Inc polishes since they chip like crazy but I can report my nails have lasted pretty well- so grab your Glamour copy and give Nails inc another go if you've ever felt the same.
My sister C.F- while she doesn't make use of my make-up skills she gets all of my 'pricey' unloved make-up!
My sister is one of those people who 'can't' wear a lot of make-up. I've tried loads of times but she just looks 'overdone' even if you apply just a tiny bit more.
Also she always refuses to be in my blog if I ever use her as a test model- think she's ashamed of being on my make-up blog haha.
She came up 2 weeks ago and I convinced her to let me try a new look on her (she's usually a bare faced minimal kind of wearer).
It's not perfect but I was just having fun. I went for a pin-up 'polished' look which is obviously a polar opposite of what she wears..... I think she looks great! And she's actually let me upload this. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment