Saturday 4 February 2012

L.F DOES A/W - ORANGE GRUNGE AND RAMBLE

More Charlotte Free love! I was more focused with her eye make-up for this weeks look
KEY PRODUCTS:
SUGARPILL PRESSED EYE SHADOW - FLAMEPOINT AND LOVE+
RIMMEL SPECIAL EYES EYELINER PENCIL - GINGER TEA (AS A BASE)
MAC PIGMENT - GRAPE (LIPS)

Hey guys, I actually did this look awhile ago but I didn't want to post it up as I wasn't thrilled with it... anyway it's up! Something different and I don't think I've featured much orange here.
This is not the sexiest look ever but orange is eye-shadow is actually really flattering - I might do a more wearable version at some point as this is a bit 'grungey-esque'.
To recreate I used a warm brown eyeliner as a base around the eyes and set this with a matching eye-shadow. Around the edges, buff the orange eye-shadow around the eyes and on the lower lid to add depth I added some red. I was a bit undecided about the lips - so anything you want really! I decided to dig out my pigments and mix something up - not sure it ties in well though!
RAMBLE:
 I couldn't contain my urge any longer and I had to dye my hair. It wasn't smooth sailing at all. I foolishly decided to bleach my hair when I had stuff going on (not concentrating) and me being a noob - my ends ended up lopsided! I had to bleach them again to make them even and my hair felt so bad afterwards - literally like straw.
Anyway Manic Panic dyes actually conditions your hair since it's a vegetable dye so I  left it on overnight to make sure I got a really good payoff. In the morning the colour looked a bit patchy as I reckon I didn't use enough of the dye. So I had to dye my hair again for another 5 hours or so.
Skipping to the end - the above is how it turned out. I LOVE IT - but I'm not too bothered about maintaining it. I wash my hair far too often so I know it'll fade out- so far so good though it's really nice and subtle grey/lilac tones to my ends :)
I FELT LIKE A HOOKER WITH THIS ON. This was actually based on a singer and yeah it looks nothing like her, so I contemplated it might be a good valentines day look. No. I really doubt any girl wants to look that full on. I think the lips is the only thing I got right *hint hint*. I might do something similar at some point.
Oh you can see how the colour has faded here, depending on the light the lilac tones vary- I love it and my ends feel back to normal really, phew!

2 comments:

  1. The last picture is my favourite!
    you look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thank-you! I had A LOT on by then though haha x x x

    ReplyDelete