Saturday 3 March 2012

BACK TO THE 60S.... AGAIN

SOURCE
I remember this image when the whole 'beatnik' trend was all the rage. Pretty sure this make-up was done by Pat McGrath for Dior. It's a more grown up version of the graphic eyes of the 60s. 
The lower lash line of my  right eye needs fixing, learn from my mistakes!
Focus on this eye instead!
KEY PRODUCTS:
MAYBELLINE LASTING DRAMA GEL LINER - BLACK (I SET THIS WITH BLACK EYE-SHADOW TO PREVENT ANY TRANSFERRING)
MAC EYE SHADOW - WEDGE (SOFT EYE CONTOURING)
MAKE UP FOREVER FLASH COLOUR - WHITE AND SET WITH SUGARPILL TAKO PRESSED EYE-SHADOW
MAC SKINSHEEN BRONZER STICK - TAN TINT AND SET WITH MAC SCULPT POWDER (I HAVE A MOON FACE)
MAC LIPSTICK - BRAVE NEW BRONZE


Hey guys, deadline was yesterday and now I have a week off (technically tutorial week and I have one lecture still).
Anyway, I was browsing at my older make-up looks and I stumbled across a 60s inspired look I did 2 years ago. Looking at the sheer mess of it, I thought I'd do a more refined version of it because the old one almost borders onto the drag fancy dress territory... you can see it here (I miss my jawline *sniff*).
I've not been too adventurous this time.... there was nothing I felt like tweaking from the inspiration photo. It's 60s mod without the tackiness - we all hate tacky right?
Hope you guys try it out- steady hand and baby wipes (to smooth lines) and you're ready to rock!

4 comments:

  1. Awh thank-you! If only I could of fixed that eye... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hands are too wobbly. This looks gorgeous to me baba <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen your eye liner skills, you can rock it!

    ReplyDelete