Saturday 6 February 2010

GAGA

So some of you may or may not know but I do textiles and have done for 4 years now. I don't plan on furthering my career around the fashion industry as a designer. Since as much as I like designing clothes, I don't enjoy making them and to be successful a designer tailoring is a major element you must master. But yeah I still love fashion (even though I don't show this through my personal style) and if you do textiles you will appreciate how clothes are made to another level because seriously you do not know how complicated a garment is to make, unless you've done it!!!

The image above is of Michelle modelling my dress (year 13) inspired by the one and only Lady Gaga. Its not the best photo to see the actual garment but this photo is 'fashiony' and I had to post it (Michelle's wearing a bra so you can't really make out the front fastening detail!).

FASHION RELATED VIDEOS I PARTICULARLY LIKE:

This collection epitomises how the real L.F would want to dress

Useful for a McQueen newbie fan (I'm not going to pretend I know him inside out when I don't) as it shows his "highlights" throughout his career and pin points his signature style

I had previously heard of Mr. McQueen but this was the collection where I actually got to see all of his craftsmanship and design work. The heels......... lush. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment