Wednesday 23 January 2013

PAINT IT

Love the contrast of the stipple brush strokes against the black. Love love love.
The main reference/direction we decided on when consulting E.H about the look she wanted. I love the sort of acrylic paint effect going on - cracked and slightly peeling off with a rustic brown-red through the lips and cheeks. Abstract, but perfect. 
I took these while E.H was shooting away, hopefully you can grasp the idea I was going for.
Me at work! So true that you can spot a make-up artist by their hands - always a messy palette.
KEY PRODUCTS:
MUFE FLASH COLOUR PALETTE - BROWN AND SILVER
MAC LIPSTICK - RUSSIAN RED AND CYBER
SNAZAROO FACE PAINT - WHITE

Hey guys, another collaboration with my friend Emily Hewitson (studies fashion design), who I worked with last time here. I had free run on the day but we both agreed on the image above would suit the garment she made. Once I perfected the skin, the white paint was literally a one take only approach - which adds to the 'slapped' on effect. For the rest of the face I went with a bruised bitten lip and a hazy brown eye with silver accents, and finished the look with a strong brow.
Hope you guys like it, and it was a really fun brief to do because I don't often get the chance to these more editorial style looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment