Saturday 25 May 2013

L.F DOES S/S - PRIMARY COLOURS INSPIRED BY VAL GARLAND

Interview with Val Garland discussing how she started and her career highlights so far. I'm obviously nowhere near as talented as she is, but it's inspiring to hear how she's self taught and how her pure talent has paved into the amazing career she has today. I know I sound slightly in awe. I am. 
One of the looks from makeup visionary Val Garland's recent global M·A·C master class tour. When I first saw this look I just KNEW I had to recreate it. Blocks of sporadic primary colours contrasted with beautiful black flow of lines. So simple, yet so striking.  
I think I'm particularly fond of the lips. It's like pop art meets Picasso.
KEY PRODUCTS:
MUFE FLASH COLOUR - BLACK, RED, YELLOW AND TURQUOISE

Hey guys, this is just a quick look I did whilst playing around which I really really enjoyed doing. I obviously had Garland's reference in the background but there's an organic painter-like style with this look which I found quite relaxing to do - it didn't have to be perfect, more about conveying an emotion. I've done a previous look inspired by her work here you can check out.
VAL GARLAND YOU ARE A LEGEND! Please let me intern/assist with you one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment